I am so bored right now! Jay left me to go to D.C. and march on the White House on Saturday with her parents. She will be gone until Friday, so I am here alone for the whole week. I asked Jay what I should do while she was gone and she gave me a list. She said if I got really bored I could blog about our trip south to Tucson, AZ. We went down there last week to visit the Colossal cave. It is a "dead cave" just outside of Tucson. It was really cool. The cave stays around 70 degrees year round. We saw some cool stalactites and stalagmites (do you guys know how to remember which one is which? A stalactite hangs on tight to the ceiling while a stalagmite might trip you if you don't watch out!!), bats, watched an older gentleman hit his head on a stalactite and then listen to his wife the rest of the time warn him of every hanging rock (that was funny, but the even funnier thing was when she put her hand in bat pooh!).
This was our tour guide. He really knew his stuff!

This is part of the cave which is nicknamed the Witches face. Can you see why?
This is part of the cave which is nicknamed the Witches face. Can you see why?
1 comment:
way to step it up on the blog josh! it looks great. i remember stalagmites by thinking that they're reaching for all their 'mite' to reach the ceiling. just a thought.
Post a Comment