On Christmas Eve I only had to work half-a-day, so we had more time to do fun stuff before we left to go up to Utah. We both really wanted to see the Bellagio decorations before our Christmas dinner at Uncle Mike's house. They were really pretty.


On Christmas day we woke up, I went for a little run and Josh cooked us breakfast. We opened up our gifts and got our last minute things ready for our long drive up to Utah. We were supposed to leave the day after Christmas because of my work, but my bosses told me I didn't have to work so we decided to surprise our families and head up on Christmas day. We were worried that we would catch the snow storm on the way up, but we were lucky and had smooth sailing the entire drive! We arrived just in time for dinner at my house. It was great! After dinner and presents we went over to Josh's house to exchange gifts there. It was fun to be with family on Christmas day.
On Saturday we had breakfast at the Mills', went to a movie and then went out to dinner for Dave's birthday. He turned 50 this year!! After dinner we went over to Daron and Lisa's house for some food and games. It was fun to see all of our old friends from high school.

On Sunday we went and saw the lights at temple square. They are so beautiful! I was thinking about the difference between the decorations at the Bellagio and the decorations at the temple. They are completely different. One is focused on Santa, presents, and snowmen and the other is focused on our Savior. I thought that was kind of interesting to think about.



After the lights we went to Andrew and Elise's house and played the Wii! It was a lot of fun. Dave and Kirsten came and played with us. I was glad that they came.

It was a short vacation, and we didn't get to see everyone that we wanted to...Sorry Nick...but we did have a lot of fun!!
2 comments:
Let's do it again... Mario Cart is just not the same without you!!
Yay for us! It was so good to see you guys.
Post a Comment