Saturday, January 2, 2010

Another Move

"Moving is a time for lightening your load and starting things new."

That quote is from a book that has quickly become one of my favorites. It is called, These is my Words. It is the diary of Sarah Agnes Prine and her family as she travels through the Arizona Territories. My heart quickly went out to her as she described the unknown, loss of family and the heat. I understood her when she talked about how she had to became tough and how she wasn't much of a lady but deep down longed to act like one.

My husband and I have left Arizona and I miss it. Arizona for me was a time of refinement and of true discovery. It was six months of sweat (literally), tears, and the greatest amount of joy I have yet to feel.

Although, it was hard for me to move, I do secretly enjoy moving. My husband and I have moved 4 times in our short 2.5 yrs of marriage. I know we are pretty much insane!! When I move it is MY special time to reflect. I look back and realize just how blessed my husband and I really were and are. I can see more clearly how much God watched over us and protected us. My testimony, as odd as it may sound, grows tremendously with each move. As I say goodbye to all my new best friends I understand just how much God loves me and I thank him so much for putting those people in my life. God really does know us and loves us. I KNOW that because of the people he has put in my life that have either blessed my life or literally made my life a living nightmare (on a side note those people who have not made my life very easy have also blessed my life and I love them for that ). God LIVES.




Saying Goodbye to our apartment. It was probably my favorite apartment out of the three we have lived in.

Kayla, Trenton and Josh in the Uhaul ready to go.

1 comment:

Seth Adam Smith said...

Your secret about secretly enjoying moving is no longer a secret since you told that secret to the world. It stops being a secret when you tell it.