Saturday, April 3, 2010

BOSCH it!

I don't know about you, but I know me and what I know, is that God did not bless me with Betty Crocker like skills (or for those of you who know Clint Satterthwaite's mother- apparently Betty Crocker should have taken some lessons from her ;) Her food is DELICIOUS!).

I have decided to take matters into my own hands - quite literally, actually. For Christmas My Oh so Sweet Lynie (mother) gave us (daughters) a BOSCH. Oh, the faces of confusion!

Last week I FINALLY attended a "free" class on how to use my incredibly terrifying machine called the Bosch. I LOVED it and felt quite inspired to give my own Bosch a twirl. Well, feeling inspired and doing are two totally different actions. Half way through my experience I realized that I put too much Gluten in. I quickly scooped most of it out, terrified that my bread would "stick" too much together. Gluten as I learned in my bread class helps bread stick together which is good if you put in the right amount.
My bread obviously did not turn out the way my teachers did, however, it did taste good which was a big surprise! Maybe Gluten doesn't have a taste?

Obviously, I know that my bread is not perfection (it's rather flat), but it was fun and if they had turned out it would have been boring. I'm excited to keep practicing with my Bosch and maybe it will get less intimidating.
And, if anything it gave me a chance to act silly with my awesome nieces. (of course that's the extra dough we didn't cook. ha)

1 comment:

dave + kirst said...

You are so much cooler than me because I STILL haven't pulled that thing out... did you grind up the wheat as well? I still need to pull out my wheat grinder... sigh. It's like on of those New Year's goals that stings because I still haven't done it yet...