To Me These Are Things To Be Grateful For:
Dishes.
What?! Did that word just actually come out of my mouth? It SURE did. I've learned a great thing this last week. No, I did not discover that I like to do dishes. I discovered rather, that I miss having them. Josh has been gone this whole week and when he asked me if I would miss him I said, "of course, but I will finally have a clean kitchen!" Well, the clean kitchen was amazing for only one whole day. I discovered that a clean kitchen is not as satisfying as a messy husband and wife. I want my sink full again, dangit! If it's full again that means my husband is back and we are out living life. Ask yourself, "What if there's always cups in the sink?" You'll find out that the answer isn't as terrifying as you might imagine it to be.
Job Interviews.
For months now, Josh and I have been praying for job opportunities. We have prayed both silently, alone and together. I love praying with my husband. There is nothing sweeter than to hear his voice as he talks to God. We both have different ideas when it comes to where we wanna live but as we pray togther I can feel us uniting and striving to understand the Lord's will and not our own individual wants. This month Josh has had many job interviews and we feel very blessed for that. Josh has yet to accept a job but hopefully soon. (Right, Josh? Soon?)
Free Trips.
I love to travel! Lately though, it feels like we can't do much traveling unless it's well...FREE. I have really come to enjoy free traveling. This month we traveled to Moab, UT for a job interview and didn't have to pay for a thing except for one dinner and gas. (Thanks to subway gift cards and coupon shopping at smiths) We spent two nights in a cowboy style motel for free thanks to Mountain Land. Also, while we were there it was FREE entrance to National Parks week. Life couldn't get much better than FREE.
My First Heating Blanket.
I will be the first to admit that living in NV and AZ has really weakened my defenses to the cold. I love the snow and the cold mostly because I think it is so beautiful, there are so many activities to do and I LOVE to wear sweaters and hoodies. But lately, I feel like a freaking popsicle and I can not unthaw. When Josh and I moved into the parents basement my mother got us a heating blanket. I remember thinking to myself, "I wont need this ridiculous warming device!" Talk about eating your own words. I look more forward to getting in my bed at night not to go to sleep but rather to get warm. :)
Country Music Lyrics.
For without them, I fear, my husband would not know how to express his love for me. ;) No, but seriously I love when he dedicates songs to me. I can't help but love him.
Language of Symbolism.
Last month I had an institute teacher strike a hidden cord in my heart. It's funny how one moment you can be totally oblivious to the fact that within you lies this hidden, burning passion to understand something and then the next moment that is all you can think about. I'm not one for speaking elegant, learning and understanding different languages but I can't help to be moved by symbolism. I feel like I have discovered a hidden world especially when it comes to the temple. Sure, there were things I saw and understood before but now each time I learn something new about symbolism I feel an added conviction to my testimony of the gospel. There is POWER in understanding symbolism. The more I seek and find the more there is to seek and find. I pray and hope that each of you, like I, will find the passion within to understand the greatness of God's work. For it is a great and marvelous work. I promise you that.
1 comment:
Two things: 1) I can't seem to unthaw up here either. It's crazy. I still love the winter. So you're not the only pansy. 2) I'm glad that your husband can dedicate songs of love to you. Jake likes the beat and says "this one's for you babe". It always turns out to be a break up song or something not romantic. hahaha. We get a good laugh every time!
Post a Comment