Saturday, June 14, 2008

The Olympic Trials


I love the Olympics. I get so pumped to watch them. I don't care what sport, I am fascinated by them. I loved it when they came to Utah. That was an awesome time in my life and I will never forget that. I am really excited for the Olympics in China. Today, at UNLV, they held the Olympic qualifiers for Judo and wrestling. It was so cool to watch. This morning was the quarter finals and semi finals and this afternoon were the finals. They also are having a few more of the finals tomorrow and are going to have a ceremony for the 2008 USA wrestling and Judo teams. Those people work so hard and sacrifice so much to become good at their sports. I have such deep respect for them. I heard a quote once that said "Champions don't become champions in the ring, they are only recognized there." I loved that quote. It is so true.

Jaimie came home today and as soon as she got off the plane I took her to go and watch the finals. She wasn't too thrilled with that. She was hungry, tired, and said, "wrestling is just a sport the Romans made up so they could act gay and get away with it." Who ever agrees with her is gay and stupid!! Wrestling is one of the hardest sports. I would like to see any of you who think that go three rounds in a ring. It is grueling!! Everytime they would announce another member of the US team I would get goose bumps. I am so excited!!

1 comment:

Josh and Jay said...

My loving husband just called me gay and stupid...don't worry though he really does love me. ;)