Sunday, June 22, 2008

Goodbye My Lover!

Geeky, I know, but Josh and I always sing this line "goodbye my lover" as one or the other leaves the apartment or goes on a trip. I think now more than any other time this line is truly fitting! This weekend Josh left for Fallon, NV! Fallon is literally in the middle of no where! We made the 6 hour drive through the desert to get there. We have been told not to drink the water...not the most comforting thing one would like to hear when moving up there for a time. A couple of years ago there was an out break of cancer in kids and still to this day no one knows why. We got to meet the physical therapist and his wife who Josh will be following around for the next six weeks.They took us to the nicest restaurant in town called La Fiesta. It wasn't too bad. We all got along really well. The P.T. and his wife had a similar "meeting" story as Josh and I do as to how they hooked up. I think that Josh and him will get along!!
(This is what the scenery looks like as you drive up to Fallon)

Welcome to Fallon!! I actually really liked the town! It reminded me of Rexburg, ID where I went to college and Josh said it reminded him of Logan. He actually rolled down his windows so he could smell the cows!! He apparently likes that smell! I think Josh will love it there. Plus, it is about 10 degrees cooler than Las Vegas. How could you not like it?

This is where Josh will be working. We drove by late at night to see it.

After church and before I left to make my long drive back... I ran by the rehab building to take a better shot. Here is where my husband will be spending most of his hours of learning! I am so excited for him!!

It was hard to leave Josh today but I know Josh is going to learn so much these next six weeks and I am very excited for him to be there. Josh, has been working so hard this last year in school and now he gets to put his knowledge to use. I love how hard he works and how diligent he is. I am so happy for him and how he is obtaining all his goals and dreams. Good luck Millsie boy!!

3 comments:

Dagley Family said...

So sad. It is hard to be separated for that long and I wouldn't even know since the longest has been 2 weeks. Let me know when I can come stay with you to keep you company. Hang in there.

Ryan said...

6 weeks apart, huh? Good luck. I hope that Josh doesn't end up working out there.

Andrew said...

hey girl!!! mikayla and i would like to plan a time to come visit too!!! let us know!! oh, and did andrew ever tell you how to get the cool countdown thingy? you'll have to ask him.. i'm pretty much computer illiterate :) love you and miss you!!