Happy Birthday to my BEAUTIFUL MOTHER!!
To be honest there is no other like her. I mean, do you know anybody who says "Verly" when meaning to say "barely?" That has got to be the cutest thing in the world. My dear young mother is turning...60. You know what this means, don't you? SENIOR DISCOUNTS here we come. Lynie, this means I will start buying you more dinners or do you feel like going to a movie?The whole weekend was a total surprise to my mother. Wow! A secret kept in the Smith family!! Amazing! We flew our mother to L.A so that she could have a "wickedly" amazing birthday. Finally, I saw the play wicked. I had been loathing a few people for seeing it without me(um...Stephanie). The play was amazing!! One of my favorite songs (obviously) was Defying Gravity, Popular and Dancing with Life. I loved Glenda..the Ga is silent. Ha!
We also explored Hollywood for awhile. I almost felt famous just walking on the stars. On our cab ride home we also gave the taxi driver, Mustafa (the chosen one), from Ethiopia, the first discussion. Teaching the gospel is the most exhilarating feeling. While it is good to be learning and searching for answers, the best answers are found through the spirit. I have often felt that while talking to others about the gospel most of my questions I have recently been pondering are answered.Overall it was a great weekend and I am glad that I could introduce my family to a fantastic restaurant called On the Border. Mexican food is fantastic!!
Love You guys!!
4 comments:
I wish I could see Wicked! Seriously!
Happy Birthday Mom! Nice post Jay about our mother. Also Mustapha with a PH like PH in my name. He told me that twice. Love you Jay!
What a cool trip! My mom's birthday was this last week, and now I feel a little silly for just getting her a present. You are awesome for putting a trip together!
Our Mom is a cutie.
Post a Comment