
This past week I have had an itching in my bones for Utah. I knew it was time to take a scenic drive up north and visit the fam. I think however, that I may just be gifted. I was born in Alaska and from time to time I need the snow. I love the snow and I can feel when it is about to come. I guess you could say that I am like a Lorelai Gilmore on the Gilmore Girls.
Lorelai: Wait, close your eyes and breathe. I smell snow. Rory: Ah, it's that time of year. Lorelai: Can't you smell it? Rory: You know, it's like dogs and high-pitched noises. I think it's something only you can smell. Lorelai: I love snow. Rory: Really, I had no idea. Lorelai: Everything's magical when it snows, everything looks pretty. The clothes are great. Coats, scarves, gloves, hats. Rory: Thermal underwear, wool socks, ear flaps.
I feel the same way about snow. I get all excited when it snows!! I love the smell, the air, the chill. Everything looks so clean and peaceful!
I know everyone does not feel the same way as I. That's fine by me. That just means there is more for me to enjoy. :)
Michel: You do know that not everyone finds the idea of being pelted with frozen water appealing. Lorelai: I know, and how sad for them. Michel: The thrilling sensation of getting lost in a blizzard, of freezing to death in the woods and having to eat your friend's buttocks to stay alive: that is lost on many people.
6 comments:
I am totally like you, excited for the first snow. But unlike you, I don't appreciate the second, and I am ready for spring by the third time it snows. Sigh. It is going to be a long winter!
If you want to trade, I'll live in the Vegas heat, and you can come play in the snow here. (Oh, and thanks for quoting Gilmore Girls. The brilliance of that show is so under-appreciated.)
I can't believed it snowed! Are you so excited? It's still warm here! That's nice your family came to visit!
I am not sure a quite feel the same way about snow. I wish it only snowed in December and January. I am glad you got to see the fall colors and then witness the first snow storm for Utah in the valley. Looking forward to the warmer weather this week. Brett says Thanks for the card and cd. Nice to see you for a few short minutes yesterday and today. Love your new hair color. Dad even said he liked it too.
I am with you--I totally miss the snow sometimes! You can only take cacti and palm trees for so long! (:
YOU HAVE BEEN TAGGED. Check out my blog to find out.
Post a Comment