Stephanie, just so you know, I finally made Josh a baked potato and he said it was better than the Outback potato.
We had both decided that just a potato and some corn was not enough for dinner, so
Me, being the "homemaker" that I am decided to spray the cookie sheet with Pam (so they wouldn't stick) and put the croissants in the oven. I did set the timer because I didn't want to burn them. Josh went to check on them because the oven had made a weird popping noise. To our surprise they were charcoal black!! At that very moment I realized that the instructions on the can say "Do not spray!!" Now we know why.
Josh, being the country music lover that he is started singing Kenny Chessney's song "The Good Stuff." He kept repeating the part where it says, "eating burnt suppers the whole first year and asking for seconds just to keep Jay from tearing up." He actually ate three of those burnt chicken rolls and even cut the bottom off of one for me to eat. Maybe one night we will have a perfect meal....but whats the fun in that?
5 comments:
:) i love that. i wish sean would eat burnt rolls {or whatever else i cooked}. you're a lucky girl with a non-picky husband!
oh my gosh! that was so funny! i laughed out loud when i just read that. Yall are funny! love you girl!
i am so proud of you. I baked potatoes tonight and i thought of you. one day you will be betty crocker.
Yep, I learned that lesson the hard way too! But I set the timer and when I checked on them they were already burnt!! We always cut off the burnt stuff!
Post a Comment