Sunday, March 23, 2008

Our First Easter Together


Each family has unique traditions. It is interesting to see, hear, and learn about all of the family traditions out there. This year as we celebrated Easter we combined a few of them to make everyone happy!! We had a BBQ with Jake and Emily on Saturday night, watched a movie, and colored eggs. The food was amazing!! Steaks, chicken, shrimp.....we ate like Kings and Queens. We boiled all of the eggs, except for one. Emily said that her family always has one egg in the basket that is not boiled. The person that gets that one is the "loser" for the day. After all the eggs were colored and beautiful we put them in a pretty basket and headed out to a hill to roll them down. That is a tradition at Josh's house. Jake didn't feel comfortable going to a park, so we went to a construction site. Jake still didn't feel comfortable because there was a NO TRESPASSING sign. He was like our little watch dog while we climbed up the dirt hill and had fun rolling all the eggs down it. Guess who got the "losser" egg? Of course....ME!! It was a lot of fun.




5 comments:

Andrew said...

Holy Crap that looks like fun!! We'll see you soon!

ariel said...

The golden egg is mine!!! I got a nose for it

Jacob and Emily said...

That was a ton of fun! But maybe I'll pose better for the camera next time. Your other friends and families are going to think that I'm "slow"!! hahahah

ariel said...

I just went to comment on this and see that Sean already did!!! We're excited to see you next week! I think I need to pull Sean out of the game. He gets too competitive.

ariel said...

Hey I changed our blog address to: http://seanandariel.blogspot.com. So change your link!