I think no office is quite like "The Office". Too bad, eh? because that would make for a very interesting and eventful day. One of my favorite episodes is the Jello one- "Dangit!, Jim put my stapler in the jello AGAIN." Makes me laugh every time.So to make time pass and to feel to some degree fulfilled at work (and of course after I get all my work done) a few of us have been known to pull a few pranks ourselves. I work full time at a company called Aztech Materials Testing here in Las Vegas.
I thought it would be fun to name just a few of the fun stuff we have done to each other. We have done the normal pranks which include things like, leaving bananas in paper work, leaving fake notes/messages, covering the mouse so it doesn't work, flicking paper clips, putting concrete cylinders in front of a door so it can't be opened,etc. 

A few bigger ones that have been done recently would be Emily pretending that one of our field techs dropped a nuclear gauge out of his truck! Paul (our boss) chasing Dave (our other boss) around with a real pigs head. A
bunch of us chipped in some cash to buy Harry a countdown to Christmas sign in the beginning of October. He hates Christmas decorations and we stuck it out in front of his home for all to see how "excited" he was for the holiday. Writing on car windows so that at the end of the day they have a nice reminder of where they work. Sometimes in the mail we get random papers to nominate fellow coworkers for "who's who". So a couple of weeks ago I decided to fill one out for Emily. Sure enough a week later she received a phone call and spent at least 20 minutes talking to the lady about her job description. It was great!
WE may not be exactly like the "Office" but we still have our random fun!
bunch of us chipped in some cash to buy Harry a countdown to Christmas sign in the beginning of October. He hates Christmas decorations and we stuck it out in front of his home for all to see how "excited" he was for the holiday. Writing on car windows so that at the end of the day they have a nice reminder of where they work. Sometimes in the mail we get random papers to nominate fellow coworkers for "who's who". So a couple of weeks ago I decided to fill one out for Emily. Sure enough a week later she received a phone call and spent at least 20 minutes talking to the lady about her job description. It was great!

3 comments:
Jim pulls amazing pranks on The Office. I love when he makes Dwight think he's turning into a vampire. I'm glad you guys play pranks at your work.
One thing we've found to be great is paper clip wars. Sometimes we get boxes delivered that have bags filled up with air to cushion the contents. If several people poke in one of the corners, insert a paper clip, aim, and smash the bag between the hands, you have a pretty good war on your hands. Keep thinking up good pranks!
i think i'm the only one who doesn't watch the office! well at least work can be fun!:) when do i get to see you next? oh and did i miss your birthday? i know it's in april! happy birthday if I did! you're the best jay, I love you! ray
Oh the joys of working with bosses that chase each other with a pig head! It's kinda like working with family especially when they throw bugs at you (it's that season again!), comment on something you're wearing (and it sounds borderline sexual harassment), or chase you around to "rough you up" (which usually ends up with a wrestling match). Oh I forgot to tell you! Thursday, Claire showed me how mother's milk curdles!! AAHH I thought I was going to barf. She went into detail about how it tastes AND she showed Kelley and I her bra that and how it attaches to her pump!! AAAAHH! Aztech does have it's perks! Oh and the "who's who" lady...yeah, if she calls again I'm going to pass her to you - you can pay $800 to be a "platinum" member!
Post a Comment