Saturday, May 24, 2008

Finding Forrester

The other day while Josh and I were up at the Cabin the movie Finding Forrester came on. I have never seen that movie and still only managed to catch moments of it. I have a hard time just sitting and watching movies. I either fall asleep or have to be doing something else as well. However, I did hear one line in the movie that I could appreciate. A college professor (Sean Connery)was teaching this young boy about girls (which is always amusing). He told the boy that if he wanted the girl to notice him he had "to give that girl an unexpected gift at an unexpected time." This made me think back to the time when Josh and I were "just friends" and if he had done anything like that for me.(By the way our "just friends" period lasted from the time we first met in our Sophmore driver ed class till the time he put the ring on my finger ;))Right after we graduated from high school Josh flew off to Brazil to play soccer and I started my first summer semester up at BYU-Idaho. When he came back all tan and sporty like, I went over to his house for a random quick visit because I too was in town. Josh brought back with him a gift for me!! I was surprised and amazed that he would ever do that for me. (UNEXPECTED TIME) The gift was very simple but perfect! It was a Brazilian liscense plate!(UNEXPECTED GIFT) I collect liscense plates and at one time had them covering the wall to my room. Now they sadly sit in my storage waiting for the day I own a house so I can stick them all up in my garage. This small, innocent gift made me so happy and made Josh stick out and become the world to me on that day.
For the first time I would have to say I agree with Sean Connery and his sexy accent! Just wondering if anyone else feels the same or had similiar experiences?

3 comments:

Dagley Family said...

Has Josh recovered from the dog attack. Haha. So um I can't think of an unexpected gift from my honey. I usually hint to him what I would like when a certain occasion comes up so I think Josh has one up on Brett. Brett really does do alot of sweet things for me but unexpectedly I can't think of one maybe he can remind me. Happy Memorial weekend.

Anonymous said...

I love that movie! I hope josh is ok! Do i get to see you soon?

Jacob and Emily said...

Can I tell you that I absolutely LOVE this movie. I cry every time I watch it. I cry every time I watch anything though! As far as unexpected gifts, Jake does small things that are unexpected - like make dinner! My stay home wife is sometimes too relaxed! So things are very unexpected.